Saturday, March 6, 2010

Paperwork...

The last two days have been uneventful. Finishing up paperwork and sitting through briefings. It's insane how much paperwork I have to fill out to get reimbursed for stuff. One packet for a DITY move (do it yourself). Since I am on TDY (temporary duty) I'm allowed to move 600 lbs of stuff here. I had to weigh my car, empty and full, and then submit paperwork to the transportation office to get paid to move my stuff and for mileage. I also get reimbursed for gas and lodging but that paperwork goes to the finance office. So I've been trying to get all this stuff straightened out. Then while I am here, I have to keep track of driving to and from work and I get reimbursed for that too. Lots of paperwork! We had the mandatory yearly sexual harassment briefs yesterday and did a POV (privately owned vehicle) inspection.

I've been getting to know my peers more and I think we have a solid group. The other females are squared away which is nice. We have our weekends off so last night a couple of us went to a movie and today I'm going to a MMA fight for the first time ever. Should be interesting.

There really isn't anything interesting going on right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment